Snowflakes are actually the perfect metaphor for people. Each one IS unique, but we all have the same structure and are pretty similar in spite of our differences. And really, with as many around as there is, aint no one gonna notice your differences unless they care enough to look closely.
Also people are also similar to snowflakes in that it is difficult to drive when there are too many of them piled up on the road.
you know this is my most popular gifset by far but I don’t know if people noticed in my original tags on it I wrote “and it was never mentioned again”. This is really typical of his writing. He randomly introduces this small thing that affects all of canon but then never mentions it again. The TARDIS has always made that noise why are we suddenly being told that it’s just the Doctor leaving the breaks on for 900+ years? And, if we are supposed to believe this, why is it never ever mentioned again. The TARDIS continues to make the noise we’ve all come to love and recognize and this line is forgotten. But I think it’s really representative of Moffat’s writing to do something like this and I find it to be very irritating. Of course I would rather this line be forgotten rather than the TARDIS noise suddenly stop existing, but why include something like this in the first place. Especially when it has an impact on the whole show and not just his own stories (as he tends to do /cough john hurt cough/)
This “joke” is actually extremely disrespectful to the people who worked hard to make the original TARDIS sound, way back in 1963. They wanted a sort of almost ripping noise, which is the sound of the TARDIS “ripping” through time and space. They spent a great deal of time and work to create this unique sound, so to say that the TARDIS isn’t supposed to make the noise is extremely disrespectful of the work they put into this iconic sound. Not to mention that every Time Lord seen flying a TARDIS also makes this sound, so canonically, it’s not true. When Romana flies the TARDIS, WITH THE MANUAL, it makes the sound. When the Master flies his TARDIS, it makes the sound. When a Time Lord flies a TARDIS, it makes the sound. Flying the TARDIS means making the sound.
when i love an idea i REALLY love an idea
- I went with my first-instinct houses and also kinda tried to keep it even, i’m kinda conflicted about some of them but sorting is super ambiguous anyway (Annie…. Slytherin?? Ravenclaw?)
- I really wish wizarding education made ANY SENSE but ok they go to some kind of magicky Greendale and the Hogwarts robes are just obligatory for all HP AU art seriously
- Troy’s chocolate frog card is Luis Guzman
- Abed’s book reads “The Caverns of Draconis: It Was An Actual Dragon”
- Britta wants to revive S.P.E.W., naturally
- I don’t know how texting is supposed to work, maybe they started breeding really fast owls (dude i don’t know i’m tired)
- Jeff had his robes custom tailored to fit more like a suit jacket/blazer
- Yr 1: Ancient Runes, Yr 2: Muggle Studies, Yr 3: Remedial Herbology?
- EDIT: THIS HAS BEEN DRIVING ME MAD ALL DAY but 20 hrs after posting, changed Pierce’s wand into a cookie wand omg. It didn’t even occur to me at 2 in the morning
Visual Development from Frozen by Lisa Keene
Jennifer Lawrence filling gas while her dad flips off the paparazzi.
I found the best card for my dad